The intelligent modem with a multi-stage alert plan
The Alarm Modem is a fault indication, data logging and remote maintenance system for your S7-300/400. The Alarm Modem is connected to the S7-300 or S7-400 controller via the MPI-Bus and retrieves data from the PLC like a programming device.
Perfect fields of application
As automatic detection system for PLC-controlled facilities.
Varied ranges of application
- Warning of imminent complications, e.g. text messages to the workshop electrician about an imminent exceeding of a tank’s liquid level
- Report about operating troubles via text message, e.g. a necessary manual intervention into a PLC-controlled facility in a 24-hours operation
- Logging and sending of production data from the PLC in any interval e.g. after every 24h an e-mail is sent to the production supervisor
In order to make sure that a PLC message is responded to, the Alarm Modem is able to send further messages, even to different recipients. If therefore the Alarm Modem does not receive any acknowledgement of the sent message after an adjustable period of time, a so-called alert cascade will be started, i.e. a further message will be sent.
Convincing and varied
- The Alarm Modem allows the PLC to send messages without changing the PLC program. The messages which can also contain operand values from the PLC can be sent as text messages, fax or e-mail.
- The Alarm Modem can receive messages, as well. Thus, messages sent by the PLC can be acknowledged but data can also be changed in the PLC, e.g. to change target values.
- Ultimately, remote maintenance of the PLC is also possible with the Alarm Modem.
- The data logger of the Alarm Modem serves as a periodic or event-driven recording of the PLC’s operand values. The recorded values can be sent via e-mail in a cyclic or event-driven way.
- To parameterise the functions of the detection device and the data logger you need the software TILA2-DL.
You have the choice
Two models of the Alarm Modem can be supplied which differ in the integrated modem type: You can choose between the model with integrated analogue modem and the model with integrated Quadband GSM modem.
For the Alarm Modem GSM you need a GSM antenna which has to be bought separately. Furthermore, you need a SIM card with data activation (CSD – Circuit Switched Data): Typically, it has a separate telephone number for incoming data connections. For further information, please contact your wireless network operator. As soon as the Alarm Modem GSM only sends messages and does not accept calls, any SIM card can be used in the desired network.
- Sending text messages, faxes, e-mails
- Repeated notification possible until message has been acknowledged
- Data logger
- Remote switching via text message (only possible with devices with a GSM modem)
- Remote maintenance